[RP-PPPoE] İlt: Re: Multiple PPPoE sessions over 1 ethernet port

ahmet_eris at mynet.com ahmet_eris at mynet.com
Mon May 13 10:46:19 EDT 2013

hi,Sorry for the late answer,http://linux.die.net/man/5/pppoe.confAccording to this link, after changing "PIDFILE" name at the "ifcfg-ppp1" file, different than "ifcfg-ppp0" file, both ppp0 and ppp1 are up now.but I've a different problem now:After commands; #ifup ppp0 #ifup ppp1 #ifconfig both interfaces are up. but, after; #ifup ppp1                    //I want only ppp1 up #ifconfig                  //it seems ppp0 is up not ppp1 !! #ifdown ppp0            // and this does not take ppp0 down !!   why is this happening? because of this situation I have some routing issues.(I've different source routes for two interfaces(ppp0 and ppp1) any comments?? thanks...   On 05/09/2013 01:37 AM, ahmet_eris at mynet.com wrote: > > > hi, all > > Ben, what do you mean by this statement: > "Try adding mac-vlans to your ethernet port, then put pppoe on the mac-vlans." > > here is my config; > > I've added two vlan on the same interface and configured ppp0 and ppp1 binded to those interfaces, > > but
only ppp0 is starting with command pppoe-start. > > do I have to change mac address of the vlan interfaces? Please show me the commands you used to create the mac-vlan interfaces. They should have unique MACs by default. THanks, Ben