[RP-PPPoE] rp-pppoe.so in kernel mode

Palasamudram, Chaitra (NSN - IN/Bangalore) chaitra.palasamudram at nsn.com
Wed Sep 25 07:43:57 EDT 2013

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the replies but it's still not working for me. I am doing the following :

1. I am not doing a fresh installation/configuration of PPPD and rp-pppoe package.
2. They are already installed and I am trying to use the Makefile to build the binaries and plugin.
3. In PPPD Makefile, PLUGIN=y. Apart from this I don't see any option that talks about rp-pppoe plugging
4. I build rp-pppoe.so separately in rp-pppoe directory (by adding the header files that you have mentioned)
5. I added "plugin rp-pppoe.so" in /etc/ppp/options file.
6. I removed this line from /etc/ppp/options "pty '/bin/pppoe -I eth3 -U  -C "Chaitra" -S "kernel-pppoe"' => this invokes user space pppoe
7. NOW, the Question that I have is, how to give Ethernet Interface name to pppd to use. I don't see an option.
8. I tried this: "pppd eth3" => this fails with unrecognized option.

You have mentioned below these 2 steps :
Step 1: you must have ppp with rp-pppoe pluging
Step 2: sources of ppp or headers to complile rp-pppoe

What do you mean by this and how to achieve this ??

Appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Chaitra