[RP-PPPoE] rp-pppoe - would you use it for a companies commercial connection?

Paul Young paul at arkig.com
Sun Aug 3 23:29:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

I tried this over the weekend. Just added the LINUX_PLUGIN option and
things appeared to be running in kernel mode:

# lsmod|grep pppoe
pppoe                  11063  2
pppox                   2696  1 pppoe
ppp_generic            25059  8 pppoe,pppox,ppp_synctty,ppp_async

However the next day quite a few machines could not browse certain
websites etc etc and after some digging I learnt that once in kernel
mode the CLAMPMSS option is ignored.

Hence - if in fact I am in kernel mode how do I control MTU for the
machines using the gateway server?

So for the record I am back running rp-pppoe in user space.

Thanks