[RP-PPPoE] Using pppoe server and pppd on linux

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 15 09:46:54 EDT 2016

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 23:44:05 +0000 (UTC)
shrikrishna sinha <sksinha at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> I need to use pppoe server and pppd in such way that we can control
> our propriety modem and use pppoe mechanism to communicate . Is there
> any mechanism provided by pppoe/pppd to control such commands on

If it's proprietary, I suspect you're on your own.  Be aware that RP-PPPoE
is licenced under the GPL, so if you modify it and distribute the modified
version, you also need to make the source code to your modifications
available under the GPL.  Additionally, some parts of pppd are under the GPL.