[RP-PPPoE] linux debian rr-ppoe multiple ip range xs4all bridge

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Jul 6 08:37:41 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I am trying to configure a Debian 9 machine to replace the modem of my
provider.

My provider uses VLAN6 with a PPPoE connection and PPP authentication
(not checked).

So my problem is that I have multiple IPs as I got a /29 range.

I want to have one network interface connected from the Debian machine
to a network switch and have my other devices (video conferencing
appliances) with fixed external IPs connected to the switch and have
direct internet access (no firewall filtering).

Now I know how to get a ppp0 interface running over vlan6 and get an IP
from the provider.

Do I make a linux br0 with vlan6 as port and run ppp over the bridge and
get an IP this way? Do I have to do that for all the IP's in my range.
Will this work with the devices connected to the network switch?

What is the supposed configuration for a setup like this? I doubt I am
the first one trying to do this, so I am looking for help from the masses.