[RP-PPPoE] RP-PPPoE Digest, Vol 71, Issue 3

David Fernandez david.fernandez.work at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:57:37 EDT 2017

On 13/10/17 17:00, rp-pppoe-request at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote:
> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 09:08:41 -0400
> From: Dianne Skoll<dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
> To:rp-pppoe at lists.roaringpenguin.com
> Subject: Re: [RP-PPPoE] PPP complains about modem hang-up when invoked
> 	from pppoe-server
>
> Hi,
>
>> LEDE pppoe-server[3271]: Session 1 created for client
>> 7c:d3:0a:15:22:49 (192.168.170.100) on eth1 using Service-Name
>> 'myservice' LEDE pppd[3271]: Error
>> relocating /etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so: new_style_driver: symbol not
>> found
> This is a LEDE bug, not a bug in rp-pppoe.  I suggest following up
> with them.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.

Just for you to know, seems that the pppoe-server -k passes the plugin
/etc/ppp/rp-pppoe.so from the command line. That makes it impossible to
override it from the /etc/ppp/pppoe-server-options file (r any other
passed with the -O).

Some documentation says that the plugin for the server should be the one
in /usr/lib/pppd/2.4.7 (or whatever the pppd version is) instead.

I checked, and there is a different plugin there. If I rename the one in
/etc/ppp/plugins, and link to that other one from
/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so, then the kernel-mode server works too.

I wonder if the plugins are different for client and server... If that
is the case, then pppoe-server should either use the right one in place,
or allow a way to be told which one to use.,

Regards,

David.