[RP-PPPoE] Keeping up-to-date; public git repository?

Tj 0.rp-pppoe at iam.tj
Sun Sep 2 07:35:03 EDT 2018

Is there a reason not to publish to a public git repository?

It would seem to be a much better way of publishing since it also shares
the commit history to make checking for fixes and offering collaborative
contributions much easier, not to mention helping distro maintainers
keep synced to the latest state.

I noticed in the recent problem with the configure script and kernel
mode the patch is generated using git, as are others going back several
years.

The currently published 3.12 source archive content's latest timestamp
is 2015-11-11.

Working back through the email archives I found mentions of issues about
build-time errors and warnings that have patches but don't appear in the
source archive. E.g.:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/rp-pppoe/2018q3/000549.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/rp-pppoe/2017q3/000525.html

and run-time bugs:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/rp-pppoe/2017q1/000519.html

There are also additional feature contributions such as:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/rp-pppoe/2017q2/000521.html

I find mention of a 3.13-BETA-1 version source archive in

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/rp-pppoe/2017q3/000528.html

and that source archive contains the fix for the run-time bug mentioned
above (post 000519) plus some additional header include macros I've not
seem mentioned in other list postings.