[RP-PPPoE] Suggestion for rp-pppoe: terminate old session

Koos van den Hout koos at idefix.net
Fri Jun 26 15:49:00 EDT 2020

Quoting Dianne Skoll who wrote on Tue 2020-06-23 at 18:26:

> > I'm having the following problem with a PPPoE connection, and I'd like to
> > know if I missed any configuration option with rp-pppoe or if an extra
> > option to try to terminate a previous session before starting the discovery
> > phase will fix this.
>
> Have you tried the latest version of RP-PPPoE, version
> 3.14?  One of the changes in that version was as follows:
>
> o Send PADT on PPPoE disconnect
>
> https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/rp-pppoe/blob/patches/0002-pppd-bugfixes-3.13-v1/0009-Send-PADT-on-PPPoE-disconnect.patch

As I am using devuan (debian) sources, I decided to apply this patch to the
available source (pppoe 3.12) and later realised ppp uses the plugin from
within the ppp source tree so applied it to pppd 2.4.7 sources.

Now testing it as there was another ppp outage with no dsl issues, so I
installed the updated .deb files.

--
The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book   | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews https://www.virtualbookcase.com/  | https://idefix.net/