[Remind-Fans] Second and Fourth Wednesdays and suchlike patterns?

Speaker to Vegetables speaker-to-vegetables at pobox.com
Mon Oct 15 10:06:06 EDT 2001

Greetings, Reminderoids!

I have a number of events I'd like to put in my Remind calendar that
happen twice a month and always on the same day of the week. Usually
the 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th occurance of a day-of-the-week in each
month. For example, the 2nd and 4th Wednesday in each month. It's not
obvious to me how to do this in a single reminder. I found an example
that let me do this as two reminders (one for 2nd Wednesdays and
another for 4th Wednesdays) but this is less than ideal since it makes
maintaining the calendar more time-consuming and error-prone.

Remind appears to be plenty powerful enough to handle this, but the
reminder language is the strongest evidence I've seen of recent
extraterrestrial contact with earth humans. In other words I've given
up on "really" understanding it. So are there any Vorlons, or humans
returned from the Vorlon home world, who can suggest to me a code
snippet that matches dates twice a month as described above?

--
Paul Pseudonym
"Can you remember the future? Forget it!"