[Remind-Fans] xth working day of the month?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Oct 23 15:56:56 EDT 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> How about the following for the original query by Mr. Buehler:
> REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 6 MSG Issued sixth working day of the month.

That won't work.

I tried to come up with a nice way to do this, but could only come
up with a horrible way.  Here it is, in all it's... umm... glory...

# Have all your holiday OMIT's in place before here...

# This is the first working day.  Scan from 15th to be safe
# (see man page)
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 AFTER SCANFROM [trigger(today()-15)] SATISFY 1

# This is the second working day
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri [trigger(trigdate()+1)] AFTER SATISFY 1

# This is the third working day
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri [trigger(trigdate()+1)] AFTER SATISFY 1

# This is the fourth working day
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri [trigger(trigdate()+1)] AFTER SATISFY 1

# This is the fifth working day
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri [trigger(trigdate()+1)] AFTER SATISFY 1

# Finally, this is the sixth working day
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri [trigger(trigdate()+1)] AFTER MSG Sixth Working Day!

I can't bring myself to explain how it works... check the man page
for SCANFROM and AFTER.

Regards,

David.