[Remind-Fans] vcard, vcalendar, gui, etc....

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jan 7 22:21:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Chun Kit Edwin Lau wrote:

> 	I am new in this list and I am a new remind user.  I think it is
> a good application.  But I have some question about the "future" of
> remind, namely for things like vcalender and hotsync.  Also, it is
> complicated to incorporate things like vcard.  Lastly, is there any gtk
> gui for remind?  Has anyone done anything on these areas? or it is not
> necessary?  Anyone planning to make it a even better application? Thanx
> in advance.

It's gratifying to see all this interest in Remind. :-)  I started writing
Remind in 1989, as a bored student intern.  Unfortunately, the project
has been dormant since around mid-2000, because I'm doing Real Work (tm).

I think a Vcalendar import/export would be great, but very tricky.  Remind
is not quite a turing-complete language (deliberately not complete, in fact),
but it's very expressive, and far richer than anything you could express
in vcalendar/ical format.

There is a Tcl/Tk GUI.  I like it. :-)

Consider this as a call for a maintainer.  Working on Remind has been
tremendous fun.  But I don't have the time to give it the attention
it deserves; if someone else would like to take over, that would be fine.

Regards,

David.