[Remind-Fans] Problem specifying Nth Tuesday of a Month

Edward Felberbaum efelberbaum at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:31:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting remind to remind me on the "nth" weekday of a
month.

The remind man page states...

12.  weekday, month and day present.  Examples:
     REM Mon 1 March MSG First Monday in March

so my .reminders file has...

REM Tue MSG Test Every Tuesday of every month
REM Tue 1 MSG Test First Tuesday of every month
REM Tue 2 MSG Test Second Tuesday of every month
REM Tue 3 MSG Test Third Tuesday of every month
REM Tue 4 MSG Test Fourth Tuesday of every month
REM Tue 5 MSG Test Fifth Tuesday of every month

but it doesn't seem to work - or perhaps I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks!
Eddie

    January 2003
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
          1  2  3  4
5  6  7  8  9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

------------------------------
$ remind .reminders 7 jan 2003

Reminders for Tuesday, 7th January, 2003:

Test Every Tuesday of every month

Test First Tuesday of every month

Test Second Tuesday of every month

Test Third Tuesday of every month

Test Fourth Tuesday of every month

Test Fifth Tuesday of every month

------------------------------
$ remind .reminders 14 jan 2003

Reminders for Tuesday, 14th January, 2003:

Test Every Tuesday of every month

$ remind .reminders 21 jan 2003

Reminders for Tuesday, 21st January, 2003:

Test Every Tuesday of every month

$ remind .reminders 28 jan 2003

Reminders for Tuesday, 28th January, 2003:

Test Every Tuesday of every month