[Remind-Fans] skip one date

Avery Ke avery at u.washington.edu
Thu May 8 17:55:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm a huge fan of "remind." But I'm puzzling over one option that I keep
thinking "should exist" but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

I have a seminar that meets on the same day every week, e.g.

REM Thursday MSG Seminar

However, this Thursday, May 8, 2003, it happened to be cancelled. I want
to take it off my reminders calendar,without messing with the regularly
scheduled meetings. I  can't use OMIT because that applies to weekdays
(see http://whatexit.org/mailman/private/remind-fans/2001/000005.html)

In my dreams,there's an option called EXCEPT, so I could type
REM Thursday EXCEPT 8 May 2003 MSG Seminar

But EXCEPT doesn't seem to exist outside my imagination. :)

A lengthy way to do it would be
REM Thursday UNTIL 7 May 2003 MSG Seminar
REM Thursday 9 May 2003 MSG Seminar

Is there a more concise way?  I don't want  to cancel all appointments for
Thursday 8 May 2003. Nor do I want to  cancel all the seminar meetings
previous to 8 May, because my .reminders file also serves as an 'ex post'
record of what was scheduled. I just want to chop off a date, or a set of
dates, as desired.

Avery

(1) Everything depends.
(2) Nothing is always.