[Remind-Fans] ANN: remind2palm.pl

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:45:47 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:00:54 -0400 (EDT), David F. Skoll
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Mike Hostetler wrote:
>
> > remind2palm.pl doesn't understand very complex reminders (only exact
> > days and repeat-every-year), but it does an adequate job of it.
> > Accept that I've been the only one that has used it.  Would you like
> > to be a guinea pig?
>
> That's pretty cool!  If you want to handle complex reminders, you
> might want to try parsing Remind's "-p" output:
>
>         remind -p .reminders
>
> This has the unfortunate side effect of "expanding" repeating reminders
> into individual one-time reminders, but maybe it's acceptable.

Yeah, it could be done -- probably match entries based on the
description (the MSG part of the reminder).  The format is *for sure*
nice enough to parse -- actually, easier than the remind file.

The hard part would be choosing which reminders to put in -- the way
it is now, it just picks the reminders before a delimiter you put in
~/.reminders.

I'll think about it -- but using -p would be a good way to go.

Thanks for the info!

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net