[Remind-Fans] newbie question

John Shafer jshafer at nd.edu
Wed Mar 9 23:48:56 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to Remind, just trying it out for the first time today.  I
think that it has a lot of promise for me, but I'm confused about the
timed reminders.  First off, I'm using Remind on Mac OS X and piping
the output to my desktop using the utility GeekTool.  Ok, so if I write
a reminder such as:

REM March 9 2005 AT 20:00 MSG timed reminder test

and run remind prior to 20:00, the message "timed reminder test" shows
up prior to when it's supposed to appear.  It appears that the timing
function isn't being obeyed, but I can't figure out what I'm doing
wrong.  In what may be a related problem, if I write a reminder such
as:

REM March 5 2005 UNTIL March 13 2005 MSG test

no output is there when I run remind (assuming that I'm running this on
March 9)

Thanks for any help.

John