[Remind-Fans] newbie question

Daniel Bosold dan at bosold.net
Thu Mar 10 00:33:47 EST 2005

to make a reminder show up before it's due date you must use a +NUMBER before MSG

the following will make the reminder show up 4 days before the 13th (+1):

   MSG march 5 2005  UNTIL March 13 2005 +4 MSG Timed reminder test

the following will make the message show up every day between the 5th and the 13th (*1)

   MSG march 5 2005 *1 UNTIL March 13 2005 MSG Timed reminder test

or combined will show the reminder before 5 march and every day between the 5th and 13th:

   MSG march 5 2005 *1 UNTIL March 13 2005 +1 MSG Timed reminder test

I have to admit to never using timed reminders, though.

daniel

On wo 09 mrt 2005 23:48:56 GMT, John Shafer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Remind, just trying it out for the first time today.  I
> think that it has a lot of promise for me, but I'm confused about the
> timed reminders.  First off, I'm using Remind on Mac OS X and piping
> the output to my desktop using the utility GeekTool.  Ok, so if I write
> a reminder such as:
>
> REM March 9 2005 AT 20:00 MSG timed reminder test
>
> and run remind prior to 20:00, the message "timed reminder test" shows
> up prior to when it's supposed to appear.  It appears that the timing
> function isn't being obeyed, but I can't figure out what I'm doing
> wrong.  In what may be a related problem, if I write a reminder such
> as:
>
> REM March 5 2005 UNTIL March 13 2005 MSG test
>
> no output is there when I run remind (assuming that I'm running this on
> March 9)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> John

==========================
$mysig = <<EOF;
hell, even cats spend half their life
deciding that it would be better sleeping
on the sofa rather than the chair. (kfg)

Daniel Bosold
dan at bosold.net
[devogon | wielrenner]@gmail.com
http://www.bosold.net