[Remind-Fans] newbie question

Emily Price price.emily at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:09:13 EST 2005

The new system process created by timed reminders will, when run from
the shell, print the reminder to stdout at the time of the reminder
(or any time before that, as specified by the + command).

One good way to make use of the timed reminders in OS X is to reroute
them to Growl if you have it installed. All that's involved is
creating a perl script which takes all its command-line arguments and
sends them to Growl and then using the -k command to send timed
reminders to that perl script (make sure its in your path)

As for what you were already trying to do with the timed reminders,
have you tried various combinations of + - and * parameters in your
time... I don't know off the top of my head how you'd get what you're
looking for, but I've found the best way to figure it out is create a
dummy file with reminders for a few minutes from now and experiement
with different combinations. Keep in mind while doing this, though,
that you should run remind with the -q option so that you don't spawn
a million child processes every time you run it.

Good luck!

- Emily