[Remind-Fans] How do you use remind?

Avery Ke avery at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 25 20:05:10 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
>I use Remind for most of my calendar needs.  I use a couple of .reminders
>files.

Ditto. My ~/.reminders file always contains the following lines:
INCLUDE ~/local/cal/reminders
INCLUDE ~//local//cal/reminders.birthdays

I also have a .reminders.schedule file that I use periodically to
block out fixed intervals of time during the day. And I periodically
archive old appointments in reminders.OLD, so my regular reminders
file does not get to unwieldy to read.

One thing I love about Remind is that these reminders files are so
small they are easy to transfer between computers, and the syntax is
so sensible that, in a pinch, one can just read the files themselves
to check on appointments.

Avery