[Remind-Fans] How do you use remind?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Mar 25 19:00:40 EST 2005

I use Remind for most of my calendar needs.  I use a couple of .reminders
files.

One holds my personal reminders, like birthdays and anniversaries.
Another holds a list of Jewish holidays (like today: Purim!)

For simple one-off reminders, I use the tkremind front-end to enter
them.  For more complicated things, I edit my .reminders file
directly.

I also print a Postscript calendar once a month so we can remember when
our kids have doctor's appointments, Pizza days at school, etc...
I use tkremind to pop up reminders when it's time to pick up my
kids or go somewhere.

The only thing I don't use Remind for is meeting scheduling with
coworkers.  For that, we use Salesforce.com because it lets you
share calendars.  (That's the most glaring missing feature in Remind.)

Regards,

David.