[Remind-Fans] front-end integration question

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Wed Mar 30 18:34:13 EST 2005

I'm working on a console front-end for Remind.  My objective is not to
replace the editing of ~/.reminders, but to make it faster and easier
where possible.  One operation I have in mind is to select a reminder
from a given day within the user interface, which will then spawn an
editor and automatically move to the REM line which defines the
reminder.

I'm a bit stuck on this one.  I had planned to simply look at the
reminder's MSG value and pass that to the editor's search function to
get to the right line.  Unfortunately, the substitution filter makes
that problematic.  Is it possible to disable the substitution filter?
Or is there some better way of getting at the reverse mapping I'm looking
for?

Paul