[Remind-Fans] Remind 3.0.23 is released

Avery Ke avery at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 15 15:09:30 EDT 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
>I hope you don't keel over in shock, but I've released a new version
>of Remind.  This is the first release since June 2000.  Grab it from
>http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_remind.php

Thanks David! It's incredible that you not only have created this great
calendar system, and give tips and advice as needed, but also have
been working on a new release. Your efforts are much appreciated!

I originally installed Remind as a debian package, but I'd like to try
the new release. Before I compile from source, I want to make sure the
two versions don't give each other indigestion.

Are these the correct steps?

0. Download remind-03.00.23.tar.gz, gunzip, untar, etc.
1. (as root) remove and purge remind_03.00.22-4_i386.deb
2. follow instructions in your README file under heading
   If you do NOT have Tcl/Tk or are NOT running X Windows:
   (I never use tkRemind, so I'm ignoring it.)

Also, if for some reason I want to install the .deb package, is it
sufficient to remove the remind files: /usr/bin/remind and the folder
/usr/share/doc/remind, and then proceed as usual with the debian
installation?

Thanks again,

Avery