[Remind-Fans] Re: Sunrise, Sunset (Swiftly Flow the Days) ...

Mike Harris mjharris-lists at rcn.com
Mon May 2 22:46:10 EDT 2005

(5/2/05 9:03 AM) David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how Mac OS X handles it, but Linux and most
> UNIXes keep system time in UTC and their C libraries do
> on-the-fly conversions, taking into account DST.

Well, 'date' yields 'Mon May  2 21:44:09 CDT 2005' -- but the more simplistic version of the code yielded the very same problem of it being an hour ahead.  I imagine it may be something individual to my system.  Are there any other Mac OS X users on this list experiencing the same problem?

Perhaps I can attack this from a different angle.  The sole inaccuracy is the hour's difference.  Can I manually subtract one hour from the result, code I could later eliminate when we go back on 'normal' time?

Mike