[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Wyrd 0.3.0

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Mon May 9 13:47:49 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:36:18PM -0300, Daniel Martins wrote:
> Two suggestions for wyrd
>
> First
>
> Instead of t and u, use keys d and D for daily timed and untimed reminds to
> keep coherent with "w W" and "m M" keys

Yeah, consistency is probably a good goal.  "Daily" isn't really
accurate, however.  (u)nique or (s)ingle would be somewhat closer to the
mark...

> Add a "y Y" (yearly) or "a A" (annual) for yealy reminders like birthdays

I suppose, although the default /etc/wyrdrc isn't really intended to be
a comprehensive list.  The whole point is that you can configure your
own wyrdrc to your heart's content.

> Second
>

> add to /etc/wyrdrc the options to use with emacs/gnuserv and jed. I am now
> using Wyrd with the jed editor.
>
> # emacs gnuserv/gnuclient settings
> #set edit_old_command= "gnuclient -q +%l %f"
> #set edit_new_command= "gnuclient -q %f"
>

> # jed settings
> # set edit_old_command="jed %f -g +%n "
> # set edit_new_command="jed %f -f eob"

I think showing settings for vim, emacs, and nano covers the most common
use cases.  Beyond a certain point, adding more comments just clutters
the rcfile.

Paul