[Remind-Fans] rem2ps stopped working

Ian Petts lister at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 15 03:39:13 EDT 2005

I noticed recently that my tkremind calendars mysteriously stopped
printing. After a bit of investigation, it appears that rem2ps is not
producing valid postscript files.

I'm running debian Sarge and I'm not sure if the problem is specific to
Debian, or has been introduced with the recent 03.00.23 version.

The program runs without an error, but when I try and load the file with ggv
(for example), it refuses to load with a 'File is not a valid PostScript
document'

ian at lexx:~$ remind -p1 ~/.reminders | rem2ps -m A4 -v >calendar.ps
Rem2PS: Version 03.00.23 Copyright 1992-1998 by David F. Skoll

Generating PostScript calendar
        July 2005
Rem2PS: Done

I found another thread in the archives making mention of this, but could not
find a solution.

Is anyone else having this problem?

--
Tolkien Ring is the LAN most preferred in Middle Earth