[Remind-Fans] rem2ps stopped working

René van Bevern rvb at pro-linux.de
Fri Jul 15 05:58:47 EDT 2005

On 15.07.05, Ian Petts wrote:

Hi Ian,

> I'm running debian Sarge and I'm not sure if the problem is specific to
> Debian

The Debian Sarge version of remind differs only in two aspects from
the upstream one:
    - It includes a patch against tkremind that replaces newlines in
      the MSG field, because those would destroy reminder files
      http://bugs.debian.org/75883
    - It fixes the %s substitution of the -k switch
      http://bugs.debian.org/306295

None of those should affect the PostScript generation.

> The program runs without an error, but when I try and load the file
> with ggv (for example), it refuses to load with a 'File is not a
> valid PostScript document'

I have tried it now on my Sarge as well as Sid box and both managed to
generate valid PostScript.

Could you probably try to view the file using a different tool (I've
tried gv) or even on a different system?

> Is anyone else having this problem?

No, sorry.

    René