[Remind-Fans] Re: Tool to convert ical to remind

Mike Harris mjharris-lists at rcn.com
Sat Jul 16 12:05:38 EDT 2005

(7/15/05 5:15 AM) Jan Fader <jan.fader at web.de> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew a program that would
> convert ical into remind-syntax.

I do not know of a program that does so.  However, I did it myself using text manipulation and regular expressions in BBEdit Lite (it could now be done in TextWrangler, or any other program you like using that supports regex).

You simply search and replace to omit those portions of the protocol that you won't use, and then use regular expressions to switch the remainder around in Remind format.

I did a Google search for "AppleScript Remind iCal" and yielded some useful results.  Depending on how much knowledge you have of installing Perl modules, this may be useful:

http://jalcorn.net/weblog/archives/899-iCal-to-Remind-script.html#extended
http://jalcorn.net/ical2rem.pl.txt

Mike