[Remind-Fans] Variables

Neil Watson rf at watson-wilson.ca
Fri Jul 22 08:58:02 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I've been learning Remind for several weeks now.  I have a question
about variable.  I'm do not understand how to set and use them.
Consider these files

~/.remind:
# set some global variables

SET email 'remind at example.com'

# includes for various calendars:

include /home/username/docs/remind/holidays
include /home/username/docs/remind/anniversaries
include /home/username/docs/remind/personal
include /home/username/docs/remind/professional
include /home/username/docs/remind/astronomical

/home/username/docs/remind/professional:
REM 27 Jun MSG Source Subversion server
REM 30 Jun MSG Backup vault
REM 22 Jul AT 10:00 MSG Disable RT 4658
REM 22 Jul AT 10:00 RUN mail -s "Disable RT 4658" $email </dev/null &

How do I recall the email variable.  I tried $email and nothing was
returned.

--
Neil Watson               | Gentoo Linux
Network Administrator     | Uptime 7 days