[Remind-Fans] Better way to go to a certain date in wyrd

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 08:06:00 EST 2006

hi,

I know it's the remind mailing list, but as far as I know also wyrd
discussions happen here.

I started to just hit 'e' and make a new entry manually more often than to go
to the date in wyrd and press 't', because it can take quite a lot of
keypresses to go to a certain date.

Therefore I came up with this idea:

hit 'g' and a query window at the bottom appears "Go to date: " (like after
pressing / for searching).

After that enter a date in one of these formats:
dd
ddmm
ddmmyyyy

and maybe even:

ddmmyyyyhh

which means, that by pressing:
g1207<enter> I would switch to the 12th july of the currenty year, of with
g27<enter> go to the 27th of the current month.

or (maybe) even g2301200717<enter> to go to 5 p.m. on the 23. jan. 2007?

What do you think about this idea for faster navigation?
--
Martin Stubenschrott