[Remind-Fans] skipping one week of a weekly event

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Sun Feb 12 21:19:13 EST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 06:20:58PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> Hey people,
>
> I have a regular monthly meeting that occurs on the second Tuesday of every
> month. Normally I specify it like this
>
> REM Tue 8 +7 AT 19:00 DURATION 2:00 MSG OPAG Meeting %b %2.
>
> This month, we're moving the meeting from the second Tuesday to the third. How
> would I specify that for this one meeting?

If it's one time only, then probably the simplest solution is to SKIP
that particular event and schedule a separate reminder for the
replacement date:

   PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
   OMIT Feb 14 2006
   # don't forget the SKIP keyword below, or the OMIT has no effect
   REM Tue 8 +7 AT 19:00 DURATION 2:00 SKIP MSG OPAG Meeting %b %2.
   POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

   REM Feb 21 2006 AT 19:00 DURATION 2:00 MSG OPAG Meeting %b %2.

You could also work some magic with the AFTER keyword, but it's probably
more work in this case.

Paul