[Remind-Fans] wxRemind - new GUI for remind

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Thu May 4 10:41:55 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:53:02PM -0400, Daniel Graham wrote:
> Announcing
>
> wxRemind is a new graphical front-end to remind which borrows
> shamelessly from wyrd but is based on wxPython rather than curses.
> Screenshots and tarball are currently available at
>
>     www.duke.edu/~dgraham/wxRemind
>
> Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have not tried it yet, since I am currently very satisfied with wyrd
(appart from not obeying my black-on-white console color scheme ;) and
don't have the wx python bindings installed.

But from the help screenshot I can judge, that only arrow keys are
supported for navigating through the calendar. Wyrd also supports
vi-style keys (hjkl), this would be a nice addition.

Ah, and both a interface suggestion to wyrd and wxRemind:
I think it's easier to have the days aligned from left to right instead
of top to bottom (like all GUI organizers do), since you can watch more
information at the same time (some layout like the 'c' output from wyrd
would be nice to have as a default view).

Apart from that, wxRemind looks really nice, I will try it when I find
time. Nice to see, more and more wyrd frontends are coming to suite all
users needs.

--
Martin