[Remind-Fans] Multiple entries from rem2ics script

Kevin Neely oenophile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 18:01:36 EDT 2006

Hello, I am a new remind user and am trying to use the rem2ics script to
make my reminders a little more versatile.  I currently have  a cron job
that has the following two lines:

remind -s | rem2ics > ~/tmp/reminders.ics
ncftpput / ~/tmp/reminders.ics

to upload the generated to my webserver.  I then went into 30boxes.com and
added the URL to the .ics file as a webcal.  Everything works pretty well,
but a couple reminders repeat massively and I do not know why.  The July 4th
independence day Holiday, for example repeats from the 4th to the 19th (I am
not sure if tomorrow, it will extend to the 20th).  My entry for that date
is simply:

REM July 4 MSG Independence Day %b.%

similarly, my mortgage payment reminder repeats from the 1st of  July to
today:

REM 1 +7 MSG Mortgage Payment due %b%

I don't know if there is a problem w/ my remind script, or if it is
something with the rem2ics conversion taking place.  I suspect it is the
30boxes implementation.  When I add it to my Google calendar, I do not see
the same repeating events.  However, I see the mortgage payment as being due
only on the 1st of July, and not on the 1st of Aug.  Perhaps b/c I am not
w/in 7 days of the event?

Any help in narrowing down the source of the problem is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com