[Remind-Fans] remind & osx & geektool sample

Henry Todd henry.todd+remind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:51:16 EDT 2006

On 7/20/06, A. Klostermaier <remind-fan at klostermaier.de> wrote:

> Then I tried to install remind-03.00.24 with DarwinPorts, which worked fine.
> I can only recommend DarwinPorts a lot, this is a very easy, undertandable
> and stable process!! Unfortunately, when installing DarwinPorts you cannot
> change the compilation-variables (at least I do not know how to), which
> means that I only get the English version.

Although it's a bit hackish, you can edit the portfile prior to
installing. You can see the contents of the portfile with the `port
cat` command, so to see the configure args for remind, do this:

    port cat remind | grep configure.args

The `port dir` command shows you where the portfile lives, so if you
want to edit it do this:

    sudo vi `port dir remind`/Portfile

and add your configure args. Then run `port install remind` as usual.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Henry.