[Remind-Fans] wyrd 1.4.1 is now in darwinports

Henry Todd henry.todd+remind at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 07:19:16 EDT 2006

On 7/25/06, Danstan Bagenda <danstanb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is darwinports available as universal binary?

>From the darwinports homepage: "DarwinPorts version 1.2.1 is available
in binary form as a dmg disk image for Tiger (Universal)".

> I just downloaded it tried to run tthe  sudo port -d
> selfupdate
> in  terminal & got "port command  not found"

I'm not sure how to help you here. I installed darwinports from cvs,
so I don't have any experience with the .pkg installer (I'm assuming
that's what you used). The manual makes it sound like a fairly
straightforward affair: the only potential gotcha I see is that the
installer edits your shell config files for you. If you have a
non-standard shell setup (i.e. you're not using bash, or have your own
bashrc and profile files for instance) then that could conceivably
fail and result in the "command not found" error you're seeing.

If you're still having problems getting darwinports installed and
running on your system I suggest you try specific darwinports help
channels, pointers to which can be found here:

    http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/help/

Regards,

Henry.