[Remind-Fans] wyrd 1.4.1 is now in darwinports

Michael Dunn misha.dunn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:40:43 EDT 2006

On 25/07/06, Danstan Bagenda <danstanb at yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I just downloaded it tried to run tthe  sudo port -d
> selfupdate
> in  terminal & got "port command  not found"

Hi,

Darwinports is installed under /opt, so to use darwinports stuff you
need to have /opt/local/bin (and maybe also /opt/local/sbin) in your
path.

If you don't know what I mean, type the following into a terminal window:

echo $PATH

This will print a list of all the directories where your computer will
look for programmes. Is /opt/local/bin in this list? If not, you need
to set your computer to add it by adding a line to one of your
configuration files (probably one of .bashrc, .bash_profile, or
.profile). If you don't know how to do this, ask here and someone will
tell you what to do, or look it up on google.

Cheers, Michael