[Remind-Fans] WISH: respect +xx advance warnings in quick reminders

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Sun Jul 30 22:39:04 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 01:56:17PM +0200, Martin Stubenschrott wrote:
> I am using the quick reminder feature more and more, but am constantly
> annoyed that I can't just write:
>
> 18:00 +60 meet John
>
> I would expect wyrd to show me the reminder today at 18:00 but remind me
> one hour in advance.
>
> But this doesn't work, and I need to add my reminder like this:
>
> 17:00 meet John at 18:00
>
> to get my quick reminder.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to tweak a few more parameters
when creating quick reminders.  However, I'm not too fond of your
suggested syntax, because it breaks the "natural language" idea.

I'm considering building the quick reminder feature on top of
configurable templates.  The idea is that you would be able to create a
custom template with the "+60" built in, and bind it to a different
keypress.

I'm open to other ideas, but this is the way I'm leaning right now.

Paul