[Remind-Fans] WISH: respect +xx advance warnings in quick reminders

Martin Stubenschrott stubenschrott at gmx.net
Mon Jul 31 04:58:15 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 10:39:04PM -0400, Paul Pelzl wrote:
> I agree that it would be nice to be able to tweak a few more parameters
> when creating quick reminders.  However, I'm not too fond of your
> suggested syntax, because it breaks the "natural language" idea.
>
> I'm considering building the quick reminder feature on top of
> configurable templates.  The idea is that you would be able to create a
> custom template with the "+60" built in, and bind it to a different
> keypress.

Hmm, actually the idea is quite nice after thinking about it more and
more. But would you bind an extra key to each of these templates or
would you get a selection window like if you have multiple reminder
files and press 'e'?

> I'm open to other ideas, but this is the way I'm leaning right now.

Especially if we get templates, it would be very helpful to not just
write the created reminder line to ~/.reminders, but also echo it on the
last line of the window to quickly see if something went wrong.

--
Martin