[Remind-Fans] use case: wyrd+remind + screen + ion3

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Fri Sep 1 17:03:30 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:39:45PM -0400, Phil Snowberger wrote:
> I've recently come to adopt remind and wyrd.  *To my limited knowledge*,
> wyrd doesn't do anything when timed reminders are triggered.

That is correct.

> So it would be nice if we could get that behavior.

I get this request a lot, but I'm reluctant to add a feature to Wyrd
that is already strongly supported by Remind itself.  Much of the time I
don't even have Wyrd running, and I can still receive notifications from
the background Remind process.

[snip]
> Then I keep the screen on window 0 (with wyrd), and whenever there's a
> timed event trigger, remind (in window 1) prints out a line, which sed
> prepends a bell character to, which screen notices and (since vbell is
> on) prints out the bell_msg, which itself contains another bell
> character, so rxvt-unicode sets the URGENT hint, and I get notified via
> ion.

Looks like a nice setup.  Perhaps you could make a short writeup
somewhere in the Remind section of the 43 Folders wiki:
http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/Category:Remind

Paul