[Remind-Fans] ask remind what timed reminder is currently happening

Phil Snowberger psnowber at cse.nd.edu
Fri Sep 8 00:34:25 EDT 2006

I'm wondering if somebody has already devised a way to ask remind what
timed reminder (with a duration) is "currently happening".  That is, if
you have

REM Sep 8 2006 AT 09:00 DURATION 03:30 MSG Do things, and also stuff %

and it's currently 10am, I would like to be able to get remind to spit
out just the string "Do things, and also stuff", or possibly with the
start and end time of the reminder as well.

Alternately, is there a way to invoke remind such that
... AT 09:00 +30 ...
doesn't output the reminder at 8:30, only at 9:00?  Using this, I could
tail the last line out of the output to get just what's currently
happening.

I'm asking this because I'm thinking about writing an irssi script that
will keep a variable containing what remind thinks I'm currently doing,
so that I can tell irssi to track my away message with it.  (It would
only do so if I explicitly turn on remind tracking, of course.)

In case you're thinking "how annoying would that be in IRC", I only plan
to use it with bitlbee + irssi, where away messages are much less
obtrusive and annoying than in IRC.

thanks,
--Phil

Phil Snowberger -- psnowber at cse.nd.edu