[Remind-Fans] problem with Wyrd and UNTIL keyword

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Thu Nov 16 09:17:26 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:13:50PM +0100, Michael Dunn wrote:
> I am finding that Wyrd freezes on startup when my .reminders file
> contains a message with a date range spanning today, e.g. if today is
> 16 Nov 2006 then the following line in .reminders triggers this
> misbehaviour:
>
> REM 15 Nov 2006 *1 UNTIL 20 Nov 2006 REM Test message
>
> Wyrd works fine if the reminder starts today. There isn't any problem
> using remind/rem from the command line either.
>
> This seems like a bug, but before I go off and work out how to report
> it I'd be interested to hear other peoples' experiences.

Consider the bug reported. ;-)

> [ I'm running MacOSX 10.4.8, REMIND 03.00.24, Wyrd v1.4.0 ]

I can't duplicate this problem on my Linux box, but it sounds like it
could be a manifestation of the "wyrd hangs with blank screen on
startup" bug that affected some OS X users in particular.  This bug is
fixed in Wyrd 1.4.1, so I recommend trying out the upgrade.

If 1.4.1 does not correct your problem, please contact me off-list and
I'll look into it further.

Paul