[Remind-Fans] wyrd gone weird

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Wed Nov 22 20:13:57 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 07:29:06PM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
> I was using (ok, playing with) wyrd 1.1.1, and it seemed fine. it was a
> /usr/local install, and I hadn't relized that there was a fresh 1.4 waiting
> for me in /usr/bin. So I renamed 1.1.1 to .. something else, and began
> exploration of 1.4.
> It couldn't read ~/.reminders until I changed /etc/wyrdrc from
> set reminders_file="~/.reminders"
> set reminders_file="/home/djp/.reminders"
> now it seems to read the .reminders files (including the INCLUDES) but
> although "e" gets me to the "choose reminders" dialog, it pops back to wyrd,
> not into edit the file. Undoubtedly, I've mangled something in the
> transition from 1.1.1 to 1.4, but what ?

Did you create a custom wyrdrc file for Wyrd 1.1?  If so, you will need
to update it slightly for compatibility with Wyrd 1.4.  You may have
set an edit_*_command to a string that no longer makes sense; check
the manual for the updated syntax.

If you're not using a cystom wyrdrc file, then perhaps you don't have a
setting for the EDITOR environment variable.

If it's neither one of these, why don't you contact me off list and I'll
try to help you figure out what's going on.

Paul