[Remind-Fans] opposite of UNTIL function?

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Sat Feb 24 19:59:53 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 12:00:11PM -0500, Natasha wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to set a reminder to remind daily on weekdays STARTING at
> a certain date and ending at a certain date (UNTIL).   I tried:
> REM Feb 26 2007 *1 At 08:00 OMIT Sat Sun MSG blablabla
> but it didn't work since the *1 is interpreted as minutes instead of
> days because of the 8am time.

This is incorrect.  The *1 always means a daily repetition.  However,
this reminder probably doesn't do what you want it to, because you
didn't specify how the omitted days should be handled.  If you just want
to skip over those days, you'd need to add the SKIP keyword:

   REM Feb 26 2007 *1 At 08:00 OMIT Sat Sun SKIP MSG blablabla

If you want the reminder to terminate at some point, you can just tack
on an UNTIL clause:

   REM Feb 26 2007 *1 At 08:00 OMIT Sat Sun SKIP UNTIL Apr 1 2007 MSG blablabla

> I tried just:
> REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri At 08:00 MSG blablabla
> but this seems to start at the beginning of this month...

This reminder triggers on every weekday at 8am, without regard for the
date.  I'm not sure what you mean by "seems to start at the beginning of
this month".

If you want better answers, I think you'll need to provide some examples
of the commands you are executing and what output you would expect to
see.  At the moment it's a little unclear what you are trying to
achieve.

Paul