[Remind-Fans] Remind-fans Digest, Vol 36, Issue 10

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Sun Feb 25 18:11:01 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 05:34:23PM -0500, Natasha wrote:
> >> I tried just:
> >> REM Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri At 08:00 MSG blablabla
> >> but this seems to start at the beginning of this month...
> >>

> > This reminder triggers on every weekday at 8am, without regard for the
> > date.  I'm not sure what you mean by "seems to start at the beginning of
> > this month".
> >
> > If you want better answers, I think you'll need to provide some examples
> > of the commands you are executing and what output you would expect to
> > see.  At the moment it's a little unclear what you are trying to
> > achieve.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> Thanks. You're answer worked perfectly - I was forgetting the SKIP.
> OMIT, no matter how many times I read the man on it, is alluding me...
> As for "seems to start at the beginning of the month" - - that's exactly
> what I meant. If I looked at it in tkremind, I'd see the reminder start
> at the beginning of Feb. Oh well--that's no biggie at all.

I'm not seeing this.  In tkremind I can browse backward to January and
the reminder is still visible.

> Another question, I have a tv show that every once in a while is not
> playing. It's on one time a week and I've written the regular command so:
> REM Sun At 21:00 +45 *15 MSG watch Show
> now if it's not playing this sunday feb 25 2007, and I put "OMIT Feb 25
> 2007" with or without SKIP, it shows as a reminder for the day I'm
> trying to omit! (It'll show today and not last week or next week)
> Is this because I have a timed message or again I've got the omit wrong?
> Thanks...

I would only be speculating if I tried to answer this without seeing
some code.  If you write down VERBATIM a few lines of Remind script that
you think should accomplish the task, I'd be happy to try to debug it.

Paul