[Remind-Fans] Good Friday and Easter events in Remind

David Rogers davidrogers at telus.net
Wed Mar 14 00:03:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:36:11 -0400, Phil Snowberger wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 05:15:31PM -0700, Adam Young wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   I am working on an entry for Canadian Good Friday and Easter in my
>> .reminders - so far it is pretty baffling. One description of the
>> timing of the holidays:

1. These holidays are not different in Canada from what they are anywhere else. The only thing to watch out for is that the Orthodox calculate their holidays differently from most others, so Orthodox Easter is (usually) a different Sunday. Therefore, if you need to know the date of Orthodox Easter, you would use a different calculation.

2. Good Friday is simply the Friday directly preceding Easter. No other specifications are necessary.

David