[Remind-Fans] Good Friday and Easter events in Remind

Daniel Martins danielemc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:43:45 EDT 2007

My solution is in

http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/Brazilian_Holidays

#
# Variable holydays
#

REM  [trigger(easterdate(today()))] MSG Pascoa - Easter
REM [trigger(easterdate(today()))]  PS [psshade(shade)]

OMIT [trigger(easterdate(today()) -2)]
REM [trigger(easterdate(today()) -2)] MSG Paixao - Good Friday
REM [trigger(easterdate(today()) -2)] PS [psshade(shade)]

OMIT [trigger(easterdate(today()) -47)]
REM  [trigger(easterdate(today()) -47)] MSG Carnaval - Carnival
REM  [trigger(easterdate(today()) -47)] PS [psshade(shade)]

OMIT [trigger(easterdate(today()) -48)]
REM  [trigger(easterdate(today()) -48)] MSG segunda de Carnaval -
Carnival Monday
REM  [trigger(easterdate(today()))] -48 PS [psshade(shade)]

OMIT [trigger(60 + easterdate(today() - 60))] MSG Corpus Christie

Maybe these holydays can be more elegant using

       SET easter EASTERDATE(YEAR(TODAY()))

and then, e.g.:

       REM [TRIGGER(easter-2)]  MSG %"Good Friday%" %b%

as someone described before

Daniel