[Remind-Fans] how to get rem to give me the times once and only once?

Javier Rojas jerojasro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:08:10 EDT 2007

2007/3/21, Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer at hsu-hamburg.de>:

> Hi,
>
> most probably I´m just not able to correctly read the man page.
> Help! :-)
>
> My problem:
>
> I´ve an entry in my dates.remind file
> 20 Mar 2007 at 18:15 MSG Meeting%
>
> If I now do
>
> rem "20 Mar 2007"
>
> I get
> Meeting
>
> and I would like to get
> at 18:15 Meeting
>
> I know I´d would get that output with
> 20 Mar 2007 at 18:15 MSG %3 Meeting%
>
> in my reminder file. But then I`ve got the times doubled
> in the output of i.e.
> rem -c+1  "20 Mar 2007"
>
> and I would like to have it only once in my week view, too.
>
> Is there any command line switch or a special way to insert
> the time of timed events only once for
> rem _and_ rem -c ?

AFAIK, no, remind only shows the events, not the
times. Yet you have one option, I guess. wxRemind has a script to do
precisely this. Check the mail list's files, or wxRemind's web page, there
should be more info.

Another approach is to call remind with the -s flag, and make a script for
yourself to parse and format properly the reminders, wether they are timed
or untimed.... If you do so, let us know ;)

Javier