[Remind-Fans] how to visualize weekly schedule?

David Kritzberg david.kritzberg at colorado.edu
Sun May 27 20:33:34 EDT 2007

* Paul Hinze <paul.t.hinze at gmail.com> [2007-05-26 18:42:40 -0500]:

> showing me the day's reminders in text form.  What I'm really missing
> since I switched from Google Calendar is an intuitive visualization of
> my schedule.  I like to be able to glance at a week and see which nights
> I'm free, when I can fit in a meeting, when I have a conflict, etc.

Can I ask why you are switching from Google Calendar to remind?  Has
this come up before on the list?  I use remind, but recently I needed
to share a calendar with someone I was working with, and Google
Calendar seems pretty useful, especially in a collaborative
environment.  I don't use a Mac so maybe there is something I am
missing out on here.  I would be curious to hear other people's
opinions on the tradeoffs with using remind.  Aside from privacy
advantage over a "free" service like Google, by keeping your data on
your own system, and aside from having really good precision with
respect to figuring out when events occur the way remind does, why use
remind?
Dave Kritzberg
http://dijon.colorado.edu/
Dave.Kritzberg at gmail.com