[Remind-Fans] Mother's day in France

Gerhard Kirchmann gerhardkmn at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 24 13:23:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:36:08 +0200
Gerhard Kirchmann <gerhardkmn at yahoo.de> wrote:

> thanks Alain for your detailed explanation. I forgot about the -/--
> possibilities. And that explains why in tests which I did with
> Pentecost in an OMIT .... MSG pentecôte statement Mother's day skipped
> back to Saturday instead of Sunday.
>
> Perhaps this is the problem "@@" <aa at enseignant.com> had.
>
> My solution only worked without any OMIT between
> Pentecost and the first Sunday in June.

As Alain explained the difference between - and -- I have now a very
simple solution for Mother's Day in France:

OMIT [trigger(OMIT [trigger(easterdate(year(today()))+49)]
REM SUN 1 --7 OMIT MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT AFTER MSG pentecôte

With this simplicity I don't think it's a geek tool.

Gerhard Kirchmann