[Remind-Fans] Hi Remind newbie

Paul Brookbanks psc at netthrasher.com
Mon Aug 13 20:30:43 EDT 2007

Hi

I have worked at this for what seems days but can't figure it out. Note
I have created a .reminders file in my home dir. Also, I'm using ubuntu.

The remind command by itself reveals this: cec at home:~$ remind
No reminders.

when I type  remind 14 Aug MSG <whatever> I get the following output and
nothing is written to the .reminders file:

cec at home:~$ remind 14 Aug meet with Bill
REMIND 03.00.24 (English version) Copyright 1992-1998 David F. Skoll
Copyright 1999-2005 Roaring Penguin Software Inc.
Usage: remind [options] [filename [date] [time] [*rep] ]
 -n     Output next occurrence of reminders in simple format
 -r     Disable RUN directives
 -c[n]  Produce a calendar for n (default 1) months
 -c+[n] Produce a calendar for n (default 1) weeks
 -w[n[,p[,s]]]  Specify width, padding and spacing of calendar
 -s[+][n] Produce `simple calendar' for n (1) months (weeks)
 -p[n]  Same as -s, but input compatible with rem2ps
 -l     Prefix each simple calendar line with line number and filename
comment
 -v     Verbose mode
 -o     Ignore ONCE directives
 -t     Trigger all future reminders regardless of delta
 -h     `Hush' mode - be very quiet
 -a     Don't trigger timed reminders immediately - just queue them
 -q     Don't queue timed reminders
 -f     Trigger timed reminders by staying in foreground
 -z[n]  Enter daemon mode, waking every n (5) minutes.
 -d...  Debug: e=echo x=expr-eval t=trig v=dumpvars l=showline
 -e     Divert messages normally sent to stderr to stdout
 -b[n]  Time format for cal: 0=am/pm, 1=24hr, 2=none
 -x[n]  Iteration limit for SATISFY clause (def=150)
 -kcmd  Run `cmd' for MSG-type reminders
 -g[ddd] Sort reminders by date, time and priority before issuing
 -ivar=val Initialize var to val and preserve var
 -m     Start calendar with Monday rather than Sunday
cec at home:~$