[Remind-Fans] Hi Remind newbie

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:13:28 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 20:30 -0400, Paul Brookbanks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have worked at this for what seems days but can't figure it out. Note
> I have created a .reminders file in my home dir. Also, I'm using ubuntu.
>
> The remind command by itself reveals this: cec at home:~$ remind
> No reminders.

You need to write the reminders in the file itself for remind to do it's stuff.
You can them put remind in your .bashrc file, which is also in your home
folder. The .reminders file is a sort of script in itself which is
written in the remind mini-language. To be useful it needs to be either
accessed through an automatic thing like telling bash to use it in
your .bashrc file, a cron script to email you reminders or by using a
frontend such as tkremind (you should have this, its part of the remind
package) or wxremind or wyrd. These last three also have ways of
entering stuff into your .reminders file.

So what you have been entering on the command line should be written in
your .reminders file.

Hope this is helpful

Shelagh