[Remind-Fans] From remind to Google calendar

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Wed Sep 19 08:49:52 EDT 2007

"Daniel Martins" <danielemc at gmail.com> writes:
> My original question was a bit more generic.
>
> How do you automate tthe process from Google calendar to remind and
> vice-versa?

You really can't, in general.  You can't do a true sync between remind
and ics, because it has no concept of a uid for the events or
eventgroups.

You have to pick one, and declare it the one-true, and the other
is just shadowing it.

> Do you run a script at the crontab? Which script? Do you do this process by
> hand?

To be honest, I wrote my script and then used it to migrate.  I'm
fully a gcal and ics user now, my old ~/.remind directory is aging
and not up to date.

--
Mark Atwood                 When you do things right, people won't be sure
me at mark.atwood.name         you've done anything at all.